Monday, February 15, 2010

Since we have a nice extra day off tomorrow, I thought I would give you all an opportunity for some extra credit. I finished grading the quizzes today, and the most missed problems on the non-calculator part were something like this:
, . Find. . .

In order to get the extra credit, here's what you need to do:
1. Leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail saying that you saw this (before 7:20 on Weds!).
2. Write down the following 4 problems and correctly solve them, showing your work.
3. If you can follow these steps and get the answers right, I'll give you back the points you missed for that section on the quiz.

Problems:
1. If csc x = 4 and cot x < 0, find sec x.
2. If tan x = - 6/5 and sec x > 0, find csc x.
3. If sin x = 9/13 and sec x < 0, find tan x.
4. If sec x = and cot x < 0, find csc x.

9 comments: